In Company News
On 08, Nov 2018 | In Company News | By wellscon
Loren Merrill celebrated his 10 year work anniversary at Wells! Loren has been such a significant part of our team. He has held many important roles throughout the organization and we couldn’t imagine our workplace without him.
A special THANK YOU to Loren for all of his hard work over the years. We truly appreciate your dedication!
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to Manage Client and related team’s needs, expectations, and perceptions, including the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office/field activities during the construction period. The purpose of the Senior Project Manager is to provide support for Project Managers and controls for field operations. In addition, the Senior Project Manager will help motivate and drive the team through detailed standard processes.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and requests for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Includes identifying the proper construction means and methods and identifying any and all cost-saving methods.
- Confers and oversees with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties and responsibilities; delegates and verifies all work performed on a specific project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and on budget
- Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
- Initiate a subcontractor contract process, identify and write complete related scopes, check for proper competitive pricing and approve at completion.
- Acquisition of major materials with the most competitive pricing.
- Oversee and review submittals for competency and timely reviews and approvals and for the return to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment to meet the project schedule.
- Write as necessary and review RFI’s for submission and review responses for competency.
- Oversee the document hierarchy and flow to ensure that all parties are receiving and referring to the proper project documents
- Conducts construction activities within federal, state, and local municipal rules and regulations.
- Inspect, identify, and resolve design, detail, and logistics problems with owners, architects, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure that workmanship conforms to the proper specifications and schedules.
- Attend owner meetings and either maintain or write the meeting minutes.
- Prepare and analyze job cost reports to determine the recommended action on overruns.
- Review cost codes and approve invoices.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Assure that proper job site documentation such as contemporary As-Built notations, Daily Logs, and photography is performed and logged on a consistent daily basis.
- Actively assure and review job site safety conditions and procedures including assurance of proper logs and photography.
- Assist and manage Job Superintendents and Project Managers by providing leadership, mentoring/coaching, and specific directions. Communicate and track project goals, quality control, and help maintain good sub-contractor relations.
- Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
- Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
- Oversee and ensure proper contract closeout, including reconciling the final subcontractor contract costs, punch list completion, and closeout package
Minimum 10 years Commercial and or Multi-Family Construction Project Management experience. Ground up experience preferred. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Must possess an ability to strongly lead, interact, and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects, subordinates, and others having a direct interest in the project.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(k) with match
- Profit Sharing
- Personal Time Off and paid holidays
In Company News
On 24, Oct 2018 | In Company News | By wellscon
October 12, 2018
The Oars Senior Living and Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. Announce the Groundbreaking of
The Oars at Greenback Lane,
A Senior Living Community
The City of Citrus Heights, Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. and The Oars Senior Living announces their partnership’s first senior living development in the groundbreaking of The Oars at Greenback Lane, a senior living community located at 6550 Greenback Lane in Citrus Heights, California.
“We are proud to enter the arena of development and construction to make a significant contribution to the City of Citrus Heights and its constituents” says Dr. Duruisseau, principle and CEO of Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. “It’s an honor to partner with the City of Citrus Heights in providing expanding senior living options as well as bringing jobs and services to the community”.
The project is a collaboration of local experienced and tenured senior living experts looking to provide therapeutically designed programs for seniors. There is an established need for good Person Centered Care and The Oars offers a fresh perspective of methods for achieving these goals. The 32,000 sq. ft. community will offer assisted living as well as memory care and provide a specially designed footprint that maximizes resident observation for increased safety and engagement.
The builder, Wells Construction Inc., anticipates an approximate 10 month build time with prospective opening early fall 2019. “We look forward to providing excellent care to our future residents and an inspired work environment to our future team members” said Pepper Bell, Senior Director of Operations. Pepper will also serve as Executive Director at the location.
For information regarding reservations or employment, please contact The Oars Senior Living at (916) 212-0388 or visit the web site at www.theoarsseniorliving.com.
From startup to closeout of all projects, the Contract Administrator is responsible for assisting in the preparation, monitoring and overall administration of both Prime and Subcontractor contracts. Duties include:
- Ensure adherence to standard Company terms and conditions; review terms for deviations
- Working with our Estimating department, Assist with bid preparation and construction project proposals
- Identify gaps in contracts that create exposure for the Company, have legal implications, or are contrary to the Company’s business model or standard practices
- Secure necessary approvals as outlined by Company policy (PM, VP, Owner, etc.)
- Ensure subcontract agreement terms/requirements are aligned with prime contracts
- Prepare, send and manage various correspondence with clients regarding changes, amendments to Prime Contract/Subcontract
- Coordinate with legal counsel as needed
- Maintain all related records and documents, including exhibits, special provisions, supplemental agreements, tracking logs, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to other team members regarding the interpretation of contract terms
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure contract terms are properly reflected in financial systems and reporting
- Act as liaison between Project Coordinators, Project Managers, Accounting and other functions with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are current and on file per individual project specifications
- Work with Project Coordinators to manage Insurance compliance based on contract terms, including keeping requirements up to date throughout the contract periods
- Create and provide reporting to assist Company management with driving full compliance
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Some travel (minimal) may be required.
- Previous experience with/knowledge of legal requirements for construction contracts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across job functions internally, as well as with clients and subcontractors; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn/use other software applications/programs as needed
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, both internally and externally; negotiation skills
- Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree, Certification or equivalent experience
- CRIS designation a plus
Strict adherence to legal requirements, compliance laws and Company policies is required
Wells Construction is looking to hire a Chief Estimator. If interested, please read the job description below and submit your resume to email@example.com
Job Purpose: The Chief Estimator’s principal duty is to supervise estimating team, collect and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, and equipment to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Train, supervises, and assigns responsibilities for estimators on each project
- Visit job sites and proposal sites as required to perform estimates and gather cost data
- Prepare take-offs as necessary
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required
- Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute estimates in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors and vendors
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the Job Kick-off and Turnover Meetings
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure costing models capture the full range of potential costs.
- Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Minimum 5 years commercial construction estimating experience. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction & Estimating a plus.
In Project News
On 05, Jul 2018 | In Project News | By wellscon
June 22, 2018 – Sacramento, Calif. – Construction has begun on the future downtown Sacramento headquarters of the California Grocers Association and CGA Educational Foundation, according to CGA President & CEO Ron Fong.
The Association purchased the historic office building, located at 1005 12th Street, in 2015 with the intention of remodeling the century-old structure once its lease at the Esquire Plaza, 1215 K Street, expires in mid-2018. The building, built in 1925, opened as a single-store retail site just down the block from the city’s first public market at 13th and J streets.
“This purchase represents a sound investment for the Association,” said CGA Chair Bob Parriott, Twain Harte Market, Twain Harte, Calif.
The 20,544 square foot three-level structure is anchored by a FedEx Office Print & Ship Center on the corner of J and 12th Street. Additional retail space, including a Wells Fargo ATM, occupy the ground level. The Association is managing the building under the name Aisle 3 Concepts, LLC.
“We’re excited to be part of downtown Sacramento’s revitalization and owning a historic part of the city,” said Fong, adding that CGA is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year. “We are very pleased that our architects were able to preserve the building’s Spanish colonial design from the 1920s.”
The Association will occupy the structure’s second floor following a complete renovation that will feature a mixed-use of executive offices, cubicles and collaboration rooms.
The lower level will be renovated to include a large association meeting/instructional training room and potential tenant space. Additional improvements include seismic and other structural upgrades, an elevator and enhancements to the exterior façade.
CGA selected the Sacramento-based architectural firm Williams + Paddon to redesign the historic building, and Wells Construction, Inc. as the general contractor.
The California Grocers Association is a non-profit, statewide trade association representing the food industry since 1898. CGA represents approximately 300 retail members operating over 6,000 food stores in California and Nevada, and approximately 200 grocery supplier companies.
CONSTRUCTION BEGINS ON NEW CGA/CGAEF HEADQUARTERS
New Sacramento office to be located in historic downtown building.
In Company News
On 26, Apr 2018 | In Company News | By wellscon
Today the Wells Team had a fun catered luncheon to celebrate Anthony being with Wells Construction for the past 10 years! He has been a huge asset to our team as one of our veteran superintendents. Thank you Anthony for all of your hard work!