In Company News
In Company News
On 03, Jun 2019 | In Company News | By wellscon
Our annual chili cook-off winner went to one of our Project Coordinators, Lauren! Congratulations, Lauren! As winner, she received a PTO day, her name engraved on our chili trophy, as well as a winner’s medal and apron! We love our chili cook-off tradition each year!
We also had the pleasure of hearing from Dr. Ron Simms of Back to Health Chiropractic in learning more about workplace wellness. Thank you Dr. Ron Simms and your excellent team for a fantastic presentation!
In Company News
On 12, Mar 2019 | In Company News | By wellscon
We recently had the great opportunity to celebrate Lori’s 15th anniversary here at Wells Construction!
If you’ve called our office, you’ve probably been helped by Lori, but she does a lot more than just direct calls! She also helps greatly in our accounting department. We don’t know what we’d do without her!
Thank you, Lori, for all that you do!
In Company News
On 08, Nov 2018 | In Company News | By wellscon
Loren Merrill celebrated his 10 year work anniversary at Wells! Loren has been such a significant part of our team. He has held many important roles throughout the organization and we couldn’t imagine our workplace without him.
A special THANK YOU to Loren for all of his hard work over the years. We truly appreciate your dedication!
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to Manage Client and related team’s needs, expectations, and perceptions, including the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office/field activities during the construction period. The purpose of the Senior Project Manager is to provide support for Project Managers and controls for field operations. In addition, the Senior Project Manager will help motivate and drive the team through detailed standard processes.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and requests for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Includes identifying the proper construction means and methods and identifying any and all cost-saving methods.
- Confers and oversees with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties and responsibilities; delegates and verifies all work performed on a specific project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and on budget
- Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
- Initiate a subcontractor contract process, identify and write complete related scopes, check for proper competitive pricing and approve at completion.
- Acquisition of major materials with the most competitive pricing.
- Oversee and review submittals for competency and timely reviews and approvals and for the return to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment to meet the project schedule.
- Write as necessary and review RFI’s for submission and review responses for competency.
- Oversee the document hierarchy and flow to ensure that all parties are receiving and referring to the proper project documents
- Conducts construction activities within federal, state, and local municipal rules and regulations.
- Inspect, identify, and resolve design, detail, and logistics problems with owners, architects, suppliers, and subcontractors to ensure that workmanship conforms to the proper specifications and schedules.
- Attend owner meetings and either maintain or write the meeting minutes.
- Prepare and analyze job cost reports to determine the recommended action on overruns.
- Review cost codes and approve invoices.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Assure that proper job site documentation such as contemporary As-Built notations, Daily Logs, and photography is performed and logged on a consistent daily basis.
- Actively assure and review job site safety conditions and procedures including assurance of proper logs and photography.
- Assist and manage Job Superintendents and Project Managers by providing leadership, mentoring/coaching, and specific directions. Communicate and track project goals, quality control, and help maintain good sub-contractor relations.
- Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
- Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
- Oversee and ensure proper contract closeout, including reconciling the final subcontractor contract costs, punch list completion, and closeout package
Minimum 10 years Commercial and or Multi-Family Construction Project Management experience. Ground up experience preferred. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Must possess an ability to strongly lead, interact, and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects, subordinates, and others having a direct interest in the project.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(k) with match
- Profit Sharing
- Personal Time Off and paid holidays
In Company News
On 24, Oct 2018 | In Company News | By wellscon
October 12, 2018
The Oars Senior Living and Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. Announce the Groundbreaking of
The Oars at Greenback Lane,
A Senior Living Community
The City of Citrus Heights, Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. and The Oars Senior Living announces their partnership’s first senior living development in the groundbreaking of The Oars at Greenback Lane, a senior living community located at 6550 Greenback Lane in Citrus Heights, California.
“We are proud to enter the arena of development and construction to make a significant contribution to the City of Citrus Heights and its constituents” says Dr. Duruisseau, principle and CEO of Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. “It’s an honor to partner with the City of Citrus Heights in providing expanding senior living options as well as bringing jobs and services to the community”.
The project is a collaboration of local experienced and tenured senior living experts looking to provide therapeutically designed programs for seniors. There is an established need for good Person Centered Care and The Oars offers a fresh perspective of methods for achieving these goals. The 32,000 sq. ft. community will offer assisted living as well as memory care and provide a specially designed footprint that maximizes resident observation for increased safety and engagement.
The builder, Wells Construction Inc., anticipates an approximate 10 month build time with prospective opening early fall 2019. “We look forward to providing excellent care to our future residents and an inspired work environment to our future team members” said Pepper Bell, Senior Director of Operations. Pepper will also serve as Executive Director at the location.
For information regarding reservations or employment, please contact The Oars Senior Living at (916) 212-0388 or visit the web site at www.theoarsseniorliving.com.
From startup to closeout of all projects, the Contract Administrator is responsible for assisting in the preparation, monitoring and overall administration of both Prime and Subcontractor contracts. Duties include:
- Ensure adherence to standard Company terms and conditions; review terms for deviations
- Working with our Estimating department, Assist with bid preparation and construction project proposals
- Identify gaps in contracts that create exposure for the Company, have legal implications, or are contrary to the Company’s business model or standard practices
- Secure necessary approvals as outlined by Company policy (PM, VP, Owner, etc.)
- Ensure subcontract agreement terms/requirements are aligned with prime contracts
- Prepare, send and manage various correspondence with clients regarding changes, amendments to Prime Contract/Subcontract
- Coordinate with legal counsel as needed
- Maintain all related records and documents, including exhibits, special provisions, supplemental agreements, tracking logs, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to other team members regarding the interpretation of contract terms
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure contract terms are properly reflected in financial systems and reporting
- Act as liaison between Project Coordinators, Project Managers, Accounting and other functions with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are current and on file per individual project specifications
- Work with Project Coordinators to manage Insurance compliance based on contract terms, including keeping requirements up to date throughout the contract periods
- Create and provide reporting to assist Company management with driving full compliance
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Some travel (minimal) may be required.
- Previous experience with/knowledge of legal requirements for construction contracts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across job functions internally, as well as with clients and subcontractors; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn/use other software applications/programs as needed
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, both internally and externally; negotiation skills
- Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree, Certification or equivalent experience
- CRIS designation a plus
Strict adherence to legal requirements, compliance laws and Company policies is required