The Project Superintendent’s principal duty is to properly supervise and document all on-site construction including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Reports to the Project Manager.
- Manage and lead the project field forces with superior leadership skills and attitudes.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to write, monitor, and adhere the construction schedule.
- Anticipate, identify, analyze, and develop solutions to causes of disruptions and delays to project completion prior to the disruption or delay.
- Assure that safety regulations are followed by company and subcontractor crews, including holding regular and special task safety meetings, tracking MSDS sheet availability, and regular safety job walks on a daily basis at a minimum.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the plans, specifications, and submittals for each project assigned.
- Rigorously follow Quality Assurance and Control processes at all times, using the guidelines in the Procore Inspection tab; notate and post in Procore to inform subcontractors of non-conforming work on a regular basis.
- Supervise and direct that good housekeeping practices are observed and maintained by both Company crews and subcontractors.
- Schedule and assist inspectors with their project reviews.
- Keep the progress schedule current; update 3-week lookaheads on a weekly basis and review schedule status and job costs at least once each month.
- Assure the project is secured at the end of each shift.
- Prepare Superintendent’s daily report on Procore on a daily basis. Document in the report all T&M work at the end of each day of this type of work, attaching a sub-agreed upon report. Includes an abundant amount of project photos documenting global and specific project progress; includes photos documenting work just prior to covering.
- Keep updated as-built job documents, immediately updating changes as they occur in the field.
- Post incomplete work lists and pre-punch lists in Procore for subcontractor’s completion.
- Write first draft RFI’s including all related mark-ups in Bluebeam as well as suggested solutions.
- Setup the job office and equipment trailers and assure that permits, labor notices, safety rules and regulations, and EEOC material are posted in a conspicuous place. In general, strategically direct or coordinate the proper delivery timing and locations of onsite materials.
5-10 years experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of commercial construction projects. Thorough knowledge of building construction, practices, codes, and regulations. Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, plans, and specifications. Ground-up experience is a big plus. Leadership ability.