Project Manager Position
On 19, Oct 2016 | In Employment Opportunity | By wellscon
Please read the job description below and email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to manage the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office activities during the construction period.
- Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
- Acquisition of major materials and award subcontractors work with the most competitive pricing.
- Initiate subcontractor contract process and approve at completion.
- Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
- Resolve design and detail problems with owners, architects, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend owner meetings.
- Analyze job cost reports to determine recommended action on overruns.
- Code and approve invoices.
- Assure that submittals are received, submitted, corrected, approved and returned to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment.
- Assist and manage Job Superintendent in maintaining good sub-contractor relations.
- Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
- Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
Minimum 10 years commercial construction project management experience. Ground up experience a big plus. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Ability to interact with people and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects and others having a direct interest in the project.