Wells Construction is looking to hire a project manager. If you are interested in joining our team, please email resumes to: email@example.com
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to manage the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office activities during the construction period.
• Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
• Acquisition of major materials and award subcontractors work with the most competitive pricing.
• Initiate subcontractor contract process and approve at completion.
• Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
• Resolve design and detail problems with owners, architects, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Attend owner meetings.
• Analyze job cost reports to determine recommended action on overruns.
• Code and approve invoices.
• Assure that submittals are received, submitted, corrected, approved and returned to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment.
• Assist and manage Job Superintendent in maintaining good sub-contractor relations.
• Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
• Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
Minimum 10 years commercial construction project management experience. Ground up experience a big plus. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Ability to interact with people and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects and others having a direct interest in the project.