The Carpenter’s principal duty is to perform work which is basic to most building construction.
- Erect wood and metal stud framework in buildings.
- Build forms for concrete.
- Erect partitions, studs, joints, drywalls and rafters.
- Install all types of floor coverings, ceilings, paneling, trim and interior systems.
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, maintaining such in good, safe working order.
- Hollow metal doors and frame installation.
- Hang wood doors and install hardware.
- Install millwork trim and cabinets.
- Receive and off load materials in a safe and proficient fashion.
- Read plans and blueprints.
- Remove worksite debris.
- Responsible to secure and maintain basic tools such as nail bag, framing and trimming hammers, 25 foot tape measure, utility knives, chisel assortment, crow bar, four foot level, framing square, screw driver assortment, nail set, block plain, chalk line, hand saw and pliers to perform tasks.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and mandated rules and regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
1 – 2 years previous carpentry experience. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools. Ability to ascend/descend, move/transport, reach, balance, and position self to perform work. Manual dexterity and the ability to solve math problems quickly and accurately.