The Estimator’s principal duty is to plan, organize and control estimating activities.
- Visit job sites and proposal sites as required to perform estimates and gather cost data.
- Work with subcontractors during the estimating process.
- Prepare take-offs as necessary.
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids.
- Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute estimates in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Participate in job turnover meetings.
- Train junior estimators as required.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owner and architect representatives by responding promptly to their calls, letters and emails and keeping them apprised of any matter that would materially affect the cost or schedule for their project.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Participate in industry related public relation activities.
Minimum 5 years commercial construction estimating experience. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.