Wells Construction is looking to hire a Chief Estimator. If interested, please read the job description below and submit your resume to email@example.com
Job Purpose: The Chief Estimator’s principal duty is to supervise estimating team, collect and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, and equipment to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Train, supervises, and assigns responsibilities for estimators on each project
- Visit job sites and proposal sites as required to perform estimates and gather cost data
- Prepare take-offs as necessary
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required
- Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute estimates in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors and vendors
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the Job Kick-off and Turnover Meetings
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure costing models capture the full range of potential costs.
- Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Minimum 5 years commercial construction estimating experience. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction & Estimating a plus.