Check out our new ad in the April issue of the Nugget Magazine!
Wells Construction is looking to hire a project manager. If you are interested in joining our team, please email resumes to: email@example.com
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to manage the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office activities during the construction period.
• Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
• Acquisition of major materials and award subcontractors work with the most competitive pricing.
• Initiate subcontractor contract process and approve at completion.
• Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
• Resolve design and detail problems with owners, architects, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Attend owner meetings.
• Analyze job cost reports to determine recommended action on overruns.
• Code and approve invoices.
• Assure that submittals are received, submitted, corrected, approved and returned to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment.
• Assist and manage Job Superintendent in maintaining good sub-contractor relations.
• Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
• Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
Minimum 10 years commercial construction project management experience. Ground up experience a big plus. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Ability to interact with people and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects and others having a direct interest in the project.
Our team is excited to announce that Sage- Centers for Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Care (Redwood City) is now under construction! This 22,848 sf tenant improvement is scheduled to be completed by late summer. Be sure to check back for more progress photos.
Wells Construction is looking to hire a project engineer. If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications listed below, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Engineer Qualifications
• Update and maintain all sets of drawings, specifications and logs
• Prepare document distributions to subcontractors/suppliers (subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders)
• Maintain document logs
• Assist with maintenance and updating of project schedules
• Process submittals through Procore
• Maintain submittal log through Procore
• Assist with the processing of RFI’s through Procore
• Maintain RFI log on Procore
• Manage digital & physical project documents ( filing & archiving)
• Assist with Prime Contract change management
• Assist with the creation of commitment scope (subcontracts & purchase orders)
• Assist with commitment change management
• Assist with LEED/Cal Green Documentation
• Work with Superintendent to ensure quality standards are being met
• Maintain weekly/monthly project status reports for Client/Construction Managers
• Maintain meeting agendas and minutes
• Coordinate subcontractors/suppliers
• Assist with project cost control and monthly pay applications
• Perform quantity surveys
• Create & update digital record drawings (as-builts)
• Procure & compile project closeout packages
• Preferred Software Proficiency:
o Microsoft Office, Procore Construction Software, Bluebeam Revu, Sage 300, Microsoft Project
• Preferred Education/Experience:
o Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural degree completed, or equivalent experience plus Construction Management Certificate, or Accounting/Finance degree plus Construction Management Certificate
o Basic estimating and scheduling skills desirable
o Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
o Effective written and verbal English language communication skills
o Ability to use independent judgment; self-starting
o Drafting and computer skills desirable