On 07, Jan 2016 | In Employment Opportunity | By wellscon
Please see below for job descriptions. If you are interested in joining the Wells Team please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Estimator’s principal duty is to plan, organize and control estimating activities.
• Visit job sites and proposal sites as required to perform estimates and gather cost data.
• Work with subcontractors during the estimating process.
• Prepare take-offs as necessary.
• Receive and analyze subcontractor bids.
• Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute estimates in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
• Participate in job turnover meetings.
• Train junior estimators as required.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with owner and architect representatives by responding promptly to their calls, letters and emails and keeping them apprised of any matter that would materially affect the cost or schedule for their project.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
• Participate in industry related public relation activities.
Minimum 5 years commercial construction estimating experience. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
The Project Superintendent’s principal duty is to properly supervise all on-site construction including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Reports to the Project Manager.
• Coordinate with the Project Manager to set-up and monitor the construction schedule.
• Setup the job office and equipment trailers and assure that permits, labor notices, safety rules and regulations and EEOC material are posted in a conspicuous place. Set up sanitary stations and water coolers in strategic areas.
• Identify, analyze and develop solutions to causes of disruptions and delays to project completion.
• Assure that safety regulations are followed by company and subcontractor crews.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the plans and specifications for each project assigned.
• See that good housekeeping practices are observed and maintained by both Company crews and subcontractors.
• Assist inspectors on their project reviews.
• Keep the progress schedule current; review schedule status and job costs at least once each month.
• Assure the project is secured at the end of each shift.
• Prepare Superintendent’s daily report each day and submitting to the office in a timely manner.
• Maintain good relationships with inspectors, architects, subcontractors and other key people connected with the project.
• Maintain close communication with the Project Manager on any unforeseen problems which may develop.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and mandated rules and regulations.
5-10 years experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of commercial construction projects. Thorough knowledge of building construction, practices, codes and regulations. Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, plans and specifications. Ground up experience a big plus. A thorough knowledge of all trades. Leadership ability.
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to manage the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office activities during the construction period.
• Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
• Acquisition of major materials and award subcontractors work with the most competitive pricing.
• Initiate subcontractor contract process and approve at completion.
• Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
• Resolve design and detail problems with owners, architects, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Attend owner meetings.
• Analyze job cost reports to determine recommended action on overruns.
• Code and approve invoices.
• Assure that submittals are received, submitted, corrected, approved and returned to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment.
• Assist and manage Job Superintendent in maintaining good sub-contractor relations.
• Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
• Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
Minimum 10 years commercial construction project management experience. Ground up experience a big plus. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Ability to interact with people and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects and others having a direct interest in the project.
On 06, Aug 2014 | In Employment Opportunity | By wellscon
Wells Construction is looking to hire a full time Marketing/Design Coordinator to assist with Business Development and Preconstruction . If you feel like you would be a great addition to our company and possess the following requirements, please email your resume to email@example.com
- Provide support to Business Development/Preconstruction- weekly tasks will be assigned
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, executive bios, resumes and social media content
- Prepare bid packages for project proposals
- Develop marketing email campaigns (constant contact)
- Assist in collating marketing materials as needed
- Create marketing mailers/inserts for bid packages
- Maintain email lists external communications
- Manage website/weekly blogs
- Coordinate events/trade shows
- Help select finishes for building interiors
- Assist in preliminary CAD work
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic knowledge in graphics arts software (Adobe, WordPress) and HTML for website applications or willingness to learn.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extremely organized with attention to detail
- Interest in professional marketing
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Professional business presence
- Bachelor’s Degree/or in progress
- Experience in space planning
- Knowledge and training in AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up
- Ability to read an architectural set of construction documents
- Photography experience (preferred)