Wells Construction is looking to hire a Chief Estimator. If interested, please read the job description below and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Purpose: The Chief Estimator’s principal duty is to supervise estimating team, collect and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, and equipment to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Train, supervises, and assigns responsibilities for estimators on each project
- Visit job sites and proposal sites as required to perform estimates and gather cost data
- Prepare take-offs as necessary
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required
- Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute estimates in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors and vendors
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the Job Kick-off and Turnover Meetings
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure costing models capture the full range of potential costs.
- Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Minimum 5 years commercial construction estimating experience. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction & Estimating a plus.
June 22, 2018 – Sacramento, Calif. – Construction has begun on the future downtown Sacramento headquarters of the California Grocers Association and CGA Educational Foundation, according to CGA President & CEO Ron Fong.
The Association purchased the historic office building, located at 1005 12th Street, in 2015 with the intention of remodeling the century-old structure once its lease at the Esquire Plaza, 1215 K Street, expires in mid-2018. The building, built in 1925, opened as a single-store retail site just down the block from the city’s first public market at 13th and J streets.
“This purchase represents a sound investment for the Association,” said CGA Chair Bob Parriott, Twain Harte Market, Twain Harte, Calif.
The 20,544 square foot three-level structure is anchored by a FedEx Office Print & Ship Center on the corner of J and 12th Street. Additional retail space, including a Wells Fargo ATM, occupy the ground level. The Association is managing the building under the name Aisle 3 Concepts, LLC.
“We’re excited to be part of downtown Sacramento’s revitalization and owning a historic part of the city,” said Fong, adding that CGA is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year. “We are very pleased that our architects were able to preserve the building’s Spanish colonial design from the 1920s.”
The Association will occupy the structure’s second floor following a complete renovation that will feature a mixed-use of executive offices, cubicles and collaboration rooms.
The lower level will be renovated to include a large association meeting/instructional training room and potential tenant space. Additional improvements include seismic and other structural upgrades, an elevator and enhancements to the exterior façade.
CGA selected the Sacramento-based architectural firm Williams + Paddon to redesign the historic building, and Wells Construction, Inc. as the general contractor.
The California Grocers Association is a non-profit, statewide trade association representing the food industry since 1898. CGA represents approximately 300 retail members operating over 6,000 food stores in California and Nevada, and approximately 200 grocery supplier companies.
CONSTRUCTION BEGINS ON NEW CGA/CGAEF HEADQUARTERS
New Sacramento office to be located in historic downtown building.
Wells Construction partnered with Make-A-Wish as a sponsor for their Annual Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournament. We are proud to support such a great cause and looking forward to a child’s wish being granted.
This was Wells Construction’s 12th year being the title sponsor for the ESF Golf Tournament. We had a great time at out on the course and enjoyed the nice weather.