October 12, 2018
The Oars Senior Living and Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. Announce the Groundbreaking of
The Oars at Greenback Lane,
A Senior Living Community
The City of Citrus Heights, Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. and The Oars Senior Living announces their partnership’s first senior living development in the groundbreaking of The Oars at Greenback Lane, a senior living community located at 6550 Greenback Lane in Citrus Heights, California.
“We are proud to enter the arena of development and construction to make a significant contribution to the City of Citrus Heights and its constituents” says Dr. Duruisseau, principle and CEO of Quantum Care Place CH, LLC. “It’s an honor to partner with the City of Citrus Heights in providing expanding senior living options as well as bringing jobs and services to the community”.
The project is a collaboration of local experienced and tenured senior living experts looking to provide therapeutically designed programs for seniors. There is an established need for good Person Centered Care and The Oars offers a fresh perspective of methods for achieving these goals. The 32,000 sq. ft. community will offer assisted living as well as memory care and provide a specially designed footprint that maximizes resident observation for increased safety and engagement.
The builder, Wells Construction Inc., anticipates an approximate 10 month build time with prospective opening early fall 2019. “We look forward to providing excellent care to our future residents and an inspired work environment to our future team members” said Pepper Bell, Senior Director of Operations. Pepper will also serve as Executive Director at the location.
For information regarding reservations or employment, please contact The Oars Senior Living at (916) 212-0388 or visit the web site at www.theoarsseniorliving.com.
From startup to closeout of all projects, the Contract Administrator is responsible for assisting in the preparation, monitoring and overall administration of both Prime and Subcontractor contracts. Duties include:
- Ensure adherence to standard Company terms and conditions; review terms for deviations
- Working with our Estimating department, Assist with bid preparation and construction project proposals
- Identify gaps in contracts that create exposure for the Company, have legal implications, or are contrary to the Company’s business model or standard practices
- Secure necessary approvals as outlined by Company policy (PM, VP, Owner, etc.)
- Ensure subcontract agreement terms/requirements are aligned with prime contracts
- Prepare, send and manage various correspondence with clients regarding changes, amendments to Prime Contract/Subcontract
- Coordinate with legal counsel as needed
- Maintain all related records and documents, including exhibits, special provisions, supplemental agreements, tracking logs, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to other team members regarding the interpretation of contract terms
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure contract terms are properly reflected in financial systems and reporting
- Act as liaison between Project Coordinators, Project Managers, Accounting and other functions with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Ensure that Certificates of Insurance are current and on file per individual project specifications
- Work with Project Coordinators to manage Insurance compliance based on contract terms, including keeping requirements up to date throughout the contract periods
- Create and provide reporting to assist Company management with driving full compliance
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Some travel (minimal) may be required.
- Previous experience with/knowledge of legal requirements for construction contracts
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across job functions internally, as well as with clients and subcontractors; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn/use other software applications/programs as needed
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, both internally and externally; negotiation skills
- Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree, Certification or equivalent experience
- CRIS designation a plus
Strict adherence to legal requirements, compliance laws and Company policies is required
Wells Construction is looking to hire a Chief Estimator. If interested, please read the job description below and submit your resume to email@example.com
Job Purpose: The Chief Estimator’s principal duty is to supervise estimating team, collect and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, and equipment to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Train, supervises, and assigns responsibilities for estimators on each project
- Visit job sites and proposal sites as required to perform estimates and gather cost data
- Prepare take-offs as necessary
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required
- Prepare, coordinate, review and distribute estimates in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owners, architects, subcontractors and vendors
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the Job Kick-off and Turnover Meetings
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Identifies and quantifies potential cost uncertainties to ensure costing models capture the full range of potential costs.
- Updates costs as necessary based on new information and project scope changes.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Minimum 5 years commercial construction estimating experience. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of Sage 300 Construction & Estimating a plus.
June 22, 2018 – Sacramento, Calif. – Construction has begun on the future downtown Sacramento headquarters of the California Grocers Association and CGA Educational Foundation, according to CGA President & CEO Ron Fong.
The Association purchased the historic office building, located at 1005 12th Street, in 2015 with the intention of remodeling the century-old structure once its lease at the Esquire Plaza, 1215 K Street, expires in mid-2018. The building, built in 1925, opened as a single-store retail site just down the block from the city’s first public market at 13th and J streets.
“This purchase represents a sound investment for the Association,” said CGA Chair Bob Parriott, Twain Harte Market, Twain Harte, Calif.
The 20,544 square foot three-level structure is anchored by a FedEx Office Print & Ship Center on the corner of J and 12th Street. Additional retail space, including a Wells Fargo ATM, occupy the ground level. The Association is managing the building under the name Aisle 3 Concepts, LLC.
“We’re excited to be part of downtown Sacramento’s revitalization and owning a historic part of the city,” said Fong, adding that CGA is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year. “We are very pleased that our architects were able to preserve the building’s Spanish colonial design from the 1920s.”
The Association will occupy the structure’s second floor following a complete renovation that will feature a mixed-use of executive offices, cubicles and collaboration rooms.
The lower level will be renovated to include a large association meeting/instructional training room and potential tenant space. Additional improvements include seismic and other structural upgrades, an elevator and enhancements to the exterior façade.
CGA selected the Sacramento-based architectural firm Williams + Paddon to redesign the historic building, and Wells Construction, Inc. as the general contractor.
The California Grocers Association is a non-profit, statewide trade association representing the food industry since 1898. CGA represents approximately 300 retail members operating over 6,000 food stores in California and Nevada, and approximately 200 grocery supplier companies.
CONSTRUCTION BEGINS ON NEW CGA/CGAEF HEADQUARTERS
New Sacramento office to be located in historic downtown building.