The Carpenter’s principal duty is to perform work which is basic to most building construction.
- Erect wood and metal stud framework in buildings.
- Build forms for concrete.
- Erect partitions, studs, joints, drywalls and rafters.
- Install all types of floor coverings, ceilings, paneling, trim and interior systems.
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, maintaining such in good, safe working order.
- Hollow metal doors and frame installation.
- Hang wood doors and install hardware.
- Install millwork trim and cabinets.
- Receive and off load materials in a safe and proficient fashion.
- Read plans and blueprints.
- Remove worksite debris.
- Responsible to secure and maintain basic tools such as nail bag, framing and trimming hammers, 25 foot tape measure, utility knives, chisel assortment, crow bar, four foot level, framing square, screw driver assortment, nail set, block plain, chalk line, hand saw and pliers to perform tasks.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and mandated rules and regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
1 – 2 years previous carpentry experience. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools. Ability to ascend/descend, move/transport, reach, balance, and position self to perform work. Manual dexterity and the ability to solve math problems quickly and accurately.
Check out the progress photos for Missouri Flat Pet Clinic in Placerville, CA. The new hospital is looking great! Final photos will be posted when the project is complete.
We are looking to add Project Managers to our team. Please review job description below. If interested and qualified, please email resumes to email@example.com
The Project Manager’s primary duty is to Manage Client and related team’s needs, expectations, and perceptions, including the daily details of assigned projects including purchases, subcontracting, changes and coordination of office/field activities during the construction period.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Study and understand contract documents of each project to determine areas that may be ambiguous or present problems or result in unforeseen costs.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and requests for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Includes identifying the proper construction means and methods and identifying any and all cost saving methods.
- Confers and oversees with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties and responsibilities; delegates and verifies all work performed on a specific project.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and on budget
- Prepare and update as necessary the job progress schedule in coordination with the Job Superintendent.
- Initiate subcontractor contract process, identify and write complete related scopes, check for proper competitive pricing and approve at completion.
- Acquisition of major materials with the most competitive pricing.
- Oversee and review submittals for competency and timely reviews and approvals and for the return to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment to meet the project schedule.
- Write as necessary and review RFI’s for submission and review responses for competency.
- Oversee the document hierarchy and flow to ensure that all parties are receiving and referring to the proper project documents
- Conducts construction activities within federal, state, and local municipal rules and regulations.
- Inspect, identify, and resolve design, detail, and logistics problems with owners, architects, suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that workmanship conforms to the proper specifications and schedules.
- Attend owner meetings and either maintain or write the meeting minutes.
- Prepare and analyze job cost reports to determine recommended action on overruns.
- Review cost codes and approve invoices.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Assure that proper jobsite documentation such as contemporary As-Built notations, Daily Logs, and photography is performed and logged on a consistent daily basis.
- Actively assure and review jobsite safety conditions and procedures including assurance of proper logs and photography.
- Assist and manage Job Superintendent and provide leadership, mentoring/coaching, and specific directions. Communicate and track project goals, quality control, and help maintain good sub-contractor relations.
- Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the architect or owner. Prepare change orders between the company and architect and subcontractors.
- Review and prepare monthly owner billings for submission to the Accounting Department.
- Oversee and ensure proper contract closeout, including reconciling the final subcontractor contract costs, punch list completion, and closeout package
Minimum 10 years Commercial and or Multi-Family Construction Project Management experience. Ground up experience preferred. Must be computer literate in Microsoft applications. Must possess an ability to strongly lead, interact, and communicate in a professional manner with owners, inspectors, architects, subordinates, and others having a direct interest in the project.
Our team is happy to announce that Missouri Flat Animal Hospital in Placerville, CA is currently under construction. We had fun at the groundbreaking watching the demolition of the old buildings! We will post progress photos.